Physiotherapy Albany Creek, Eatons Hill, McDowall
Action Physiotherapy provides quality Physiotherapy care to the local areas of Albany Creek, McDowall & Eatons Hill.
Physiotherapists are university educated health professionals who focus on the diagnosis, treatment, prevention and rehabilitation of conditions that cause pain, restrict movement and impair normal daily activities. Physiotherapy also concerns itself with the restoration of optimal movement and function following illness and injury. In order to achieve these outcome, physiotherapists require a thorough understanding of the anatomical, physiological and mechanical aspects of the human body and movement, as well as those factors relating to human functioning and the acquisition of skill.
Training and Safety
All physiotherapists in Australia are required to be registered by law. Registration as a physiotherapist is only possible after completion of a university degree in physiotherapy or health sciences with a physiotherapy course. Physiotherapists work in virtually all areas of medicine, with Doctors and other health professionals.
In physiotherapy, diagnosis and treatment is determined after a thorough clinical assessment is performed. This includes taking a history of the problem, followed by a physical examination. This diagnosis and treatment is derived by a clinical reasoning process and is based on the best available scientific research.
Physiotherapists use a variety of treatment modalities including:
• Manual treatments such as joint mobilisations, manipulations, massage and stretches are commonly used in musculoskeletal and sports injury work, to reduce pain and stiffness.
• Exercise programs, including exercise in water and group exercise programs, designed to improve mobility and strengthen muscles.
• Muscle re-education
• Hot and cold packs and electrotherapy to relieve pain, reduce swelling, speed up the healing process, improve movement, and increase functional abilities
• Airway clearance techniques and breathing exercises, to assist people with a variety of breathing difficulties
• Assistance with the use of aids, eg splints, crutches, canes, and wheelchairs.
• Postural re-education is an important role for physiotherapists in many areas of their work.
Physiotherapy involves the treatment of many different conditions in many different healthcare settings. Examples of conditions that physiotherapy can help include work-related and sports-injuries, osteoarthritis, neurological conditions such as strokes, specific problems affecting children, surgical procedures, chest care in conditions such as pneumonia and bronchitis, incontinence and elderly care.
Physiotherapy Can Assist With…
Virtually any condition that affects your muscles, joints, or nerves can be helped by physiotherapy.
Common problems include:
- Back pain and neck pain, including whiplash
- Sports injuries and acute care
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- Maintain functional mobility
- Maintain the best achievable health in people with chronic illness
- Trapped and tender nerves
- Work-related/ Occupational injuries
- Arthritis pain
- Pregnancy-related symptoms such as back pain and stress incontinence
- Chest conditions
New Patient Special Offer
At Action Physiotherapy we have a new patient special offer. Get your initial consultation for just $55.00 (valued at $90.00).
Let us identify the cause of your problem and find the best solution possible!
Click here for more information.
For appointments, please call 07 3264 1499